5 Ways ViClarity Can Prevent Cyber Attacks
Recently, every time you switch on the news, pick up a paper or scroll down your Twitter feed you can almost be guaranteed that you will see a recent story about a cyber-attack. Just taking the United States alone, over 169 million personal records were exposed in 2015 coming from 781 breaches in security across the financial, business, education, government and healthcare sectors. This isn’t just a problem in the US, according to the UK Government two thirds of large UK businesses were hit by a cyber breach or attack in the past year.
The worrying thing is a lot of the time you don’t even know that your business is being attacked. The majority of the time the hackers go unnoticed for a large period of time with Microsoft showing that the median number of days that attackers stay dormant within a network before detection is over 200. Who knows? As you are reading this it could be going on in the background of your computer!
Knowing this it’s crazy to think that “In 2015, even fewer SMBs (29 percent) used standard tools to prevent security breaches, compared with 39 percent who did so in 2014” (Cisco 2016 Annual Security Report). The cost of cyber-attacks worldwide is estimated to be around $445 Billion, it doesn’t matter if you are a small, medium or large company it can happen to anyone.
Regulators and Supervisors are placing a strong focus on the assessment of a company’s Information Security policies and specifically their awareness to cybersecurity. Companies are now expected to have robust systems and solutions in place to help their organization stay ahead of the data security requirements by having ongoing processes to track and monitor their controls.
5 Ways ViClarity Can Prevent Cyber Attacks
This is why ViClarity have developed an innovative and comprehensive solution that does exactly this. This is another leading edge solution provided by ViClarity that can complement the existing modules already offered in the areas of Risk, Compliance and Vendor Management. I am going to talk to you about five ways ViClarity can prevent cyber – attacks;
- Self – Assessment – the ViClarity Cybersecurity Solution provides a company with the ability to self-assess their threat levels. It provides the capability to identify and detect threat levels through performing a gap analysis. Once a gap analysis assessment has been completed the level of risk can be fully determined.
- Cybersecurity Risk Report – ViClarity’s high level Cybersecurity Risk Reports allow companies to fully analyse where their biggest risks are. ViClarity provides great detail into the risks facing each individual company. Identifying these risks and knowing more about them enables companies to be better equipped to deal with them in the future.
- Ongoing Resolution & Tracking – ViClarity software will prompt regular audits programmes to manage the level of risk on an ongoing basis. The ongoing tracking provides the company with the ability to resolve any current threats and to prevent future attacks from happening. Finally a tool that will provide peace of mind for everyone in the company.
- Mapped onto Regulatory & Statutory Requirements – ViClarity’s cybersecurity solution integrates with the other modules and ensures that organizations conduct a comprehensive Risk Assessment against the Regulatory and Statutory requirements. ViClarity’s Cybersecurity solution is based on the FFIEC guidelines, enabling you to stay compliant with the dynamic cybersecurity landscape. The solution can also form a strong part of your Information Security Programme.
- Transparency for Management – ViClarity’s solution provides a full audit trail for any tasks completed during cybersecurity audits. It’s easy to retrace footsteps to see who is responsible for certain areas. The tool provides assurances to the board that the financial and reputational implications of cyber-attacks are minimised.
Overall the ViClarity Cybersecurity tool is the way to go for ensuring that your business is ready to combat cyber – attacks in 2016 and beyond. Don’t be the next news story in the papers or online contact us today at ViClarity and organise a demo where we can show you in more detail what ViClarity’s solutions can do for your business.
For more information on ViClarity’s Cybersecurity solution visit http://viclarity.com/financial-services/#cybersecurity . Call us on 01 902 2859, email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn